Monday, October 29, 2007

Too many piles on my desk

As my handful of loyal readers have probably noticed, my blogging activities have exploded in the past year. My efforts have shifted from a sole focus on the beloved if not-always-frequently updated Wordwright to participation, at one level or another in Revelator, East Lansing Lit Mags, Console Club, and I Read That Somewhere.

All this activity (and I ask you to be forgiving of my use of the word "activity," since as far as it can be accurately applied to most of the blogs I've listed, it often has little to do with me) has not necessarily led to an active readership. (I've started tracking information on Google analytics, and frankly, it's a bit depressing.) I do have an idea or two about how to address this, but I've always given at least lip-service to the goal of making my blog(s) a participatory project, and I'd love to get some feedback from the handful of readers that I have.

What do you love about Wordwright? What posts do you read and which do you ignore? What do I write about that I should never write about again? Perhaps most importantly, what sort of literary, creative writing, and book business conversations would you be interested in hearing or contributing to?

I need to have a few conversations with a few people, but my goal is to make a few of my conversations more active (which will involve both more writing on my part, and hopefully a few other specific active contributors), and an effort to create some sort of a clearing house for my diverse blogging efforts.

I'll try to start nudging things along immediately, but look for a big change at the beginning of the new year.

No comments: