Friday, September 12, 2008

Even a stopped clock. . .



I have had a strong and a long relationship on national security. I've been involved in every national crisis that this nation has faced since Beirut. I understand the issues, I understand and appreciate the enormity of the challenge we face from radical Islamic extremism. I am prepared. I am prepared. I need no on-the-job training. I wasn't a mayor for a short period of time. I wasn't a governor for a short period of time.

Senator John McCain, October, 2007

Keep in mind that in this context that the mayor that McCain is referring to is Rudy Giuliani, who was mayor of New York City for eight years, and the governor is Mitt Romney, who was governor of Massachusetts for four years. Sarah Palin was mayor of Wasilla for six years, and has been governor of Alaska for a year and nine months.

(Quote via Andrew Sullivan, video via Sam Stein on the Huffington Post.)

No comments: