Thursday, November 30, 2006

Because, really, 100 is a little much

The NYT Book Review culls their list of Notable Books down to the Ten Best of 2006.

I'm a bit surprised to see Ford on the 10 best. I've been reading mixed reviews of The Lay of the Land. (Although, since ford is an MSU alum, I do have the book on my shelf.) I'm excited to see Amy Hempel's stories. (I've kept myself, thus far, from from mentioning that Rick Moody wrote the introduction.) I've gazed lovingly at the hardcover, but have been waiting for the paperback. Maybe if I can still find a first edition on the shelf after the holidays, I'll go ahead and pick it up. Absurdistan is my Kafka on the Shore for this year. I've heard good things about it, and even dipped my toe into it, but it just doesn't sing to me.

Anyone feel like handicapping the Pulitzers? PoN, I'm looking at you.

No comments: