Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Where has he been? or: Didn't I warn you?

So it's been a little while since I posted on the Paris Review Interviews. "What has Gavin been up to?" you might ask. (I believe I did actually cover this in an earlier post. . .)

You may take comfort in the fact that I have not been neglecting my duties. I've been reading a great deal of poetry for class, and, as is perhaps appropriate, I have a collection of my own poetry in the queue over at Revelator. (Even though the collection is nothing like the stuff I'm reading for class. Maybe that'll come later.)

Yes, that's right! Gavin poetry! And interestingly enough, almost none of the stuff that was printed in The Offbeat! (At least while I was editor.) And thus does my unnecessarily ambivalent relationship with my own writing find expression. (This post is getting way too emotionally self-indulgent. I should cut it off.)

I'm also working on an "experimental prose" collection, which hopefully will stand as more of a centerpiece, but I need one or two additional pieces to complement and supplement the older stuff. (Yes, I plan to include "The Required Reading List for the New Revolutionary," and hopefully a new piece to comment on it.)

So that's what I've been up to. How about you?

No comments: