Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The moment I stopped reading Camille Paglia

When I watch Sarah Palin, I don't think sex -- I think Amazon warrior! I admire her competitive spirit and her exuberant vitality, which borders on the supernormal. The question that keeps popping up for me is whether Palin, who was born in Idaho, could possibly be part Native American (as we know her husband is), which sometimes seems suggested by her strong facial contours. I have felt that same extraordinary energy and hyper-alertness billowing out from other women with Native American ancestry -- including two overpowering celebrity icons with whom I have worked.


The level of projection here is astounding. "She was born in Idaho, so it could be possible. I mean, look at her facial contours. After all, I've worked with celebrities with Native ancestry, and we know that one of her husband's great-grandparents was Inuit, so it's too good to not be true!"

There's more, if you're so inclined. The quote I pulled is on page 2.

1 comment:

Tim said...

I don't know that Sarah Palin's husband has Native American ancestry. In fact, there are several good reasons why people would lie about that.

There are no good reasons why anyone who wasn't short of copy to suddenly turn into a 19th-century physiognomist. What's next? Measuring skulls?