Monday, October 10, 2005

Shockingly self-centered

It's nice to not have world-historical problems. It's also somewhat dull.

There have been times when my life has been at least somewhat interesting. The past year was not one of those times, but with a little luck I'll soon be able to regain some interest in the near future.

I just have to figure out exactly how I'm going to do that. I'm back in a university environment, and so it would seem logical to take a few classes and work on an advanced degree. I don't really know that I'm Ph.D. material, though, and I need to do some digging and find out what sort of MA options I'd have here in East Lansing, and figure out which of those would be worthwhile. For example, I'm not terribly interested in an English MA in critical theory, and I'm not certain that the creative writing concentration is still being offered.

There are other things I can do. I have friends starting to work in film and theatre, and I would love to put together a script or two. I did some dramatic writing in my undergraduate days, and it was a form that made sense to me. (Of course, like most undergraduates, I had some poetry printed in local 'zines, but I don't really count that for much.)

If only I were Truman Capote, then I would be deeply interesting, but then, he wasn't very happy, was he?

No comments: