Tuesday, November 29, 2005

All I want for Xmas. . .

In thinking about Tim's comment on my last post, I realized that I was comparing the thirty or so fiction titles on NYT's 2005 Notable Books list with the thirty or so titles from recent Western literature that I really want to add to my bookshelf. In all fairness (and because I love making lists), I decided that I should share those titles with you, divided into neat subcategories.

The five Penguin Classics I really want


The five Library of America volumes I really want

  • Eugene O'Neill, Complete Plays 1913-1920
  • Eugene O'Neill, Complete Plays 1920-1931
  • William Faulkner, Novels 1930-1935 : As I Lay Dying, Sanctuary, Light in August, Pylon
  • William Faulkner, Novels 1936-1940 : Absalom, Absalom! / The Unvanquished / If I Forget Thee, Jerusalem / The Hamlet
  • William Faulkner, Novels 1942-1954 : Go Down, Moses / Intruder in the Dust / Requiem for a Nun / A Fable


The five new-ish novels I really want


(More to come.)

No comments: